Accounts Payable Specialist
Cover letters and resumes for this position will be accepted until 5:00 PM EST on January 26, 2023, via the applicable links below.
Reports To: Director of Finance
Salary Range: Level 40
$48,053 – – $60,066 – – $72,080
This position is responsible for providing support and coordinating activities related to general accounting and all accounts payable activities for CSC. This self-starting position includes, but is not limited to, processing accounts payable and receivable transactions, working closely with providers and vendors to problem-solve their issues and discrepancies, verifying amounts, assisting with EFT (Electronic Fund Transfer) information, entering and maintaining transactional records in the financial and electronic data storage systems, other financial record keeping, preparing related summaries and schedules, etc. This position will coordinate, implement and monitor operational policies and procedures for the efficient maintenance and processing of all accounts payable transactions.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare and enter into the financial system: transactions for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Purchasing, Budget, General Ledger, and other fiscal related documentation.
- Verify the correctness of vouchers, invoices and other financial documentation to determine its accuracy, completeness and conformance with policies, procedures, laws and regulations. Verify approval prior to payment.
- Investigate and resolve problems/issues/discrepancies associated with processing of provider and vendor invoices and purchase orders. This includes responding to telephone or email inquiries, following-up when invoices are incorrect, ensuring SAMIS submission and approval, etc.
- Coordinate the Accounts Payable process with other departments to ensure proper review/approval and timely submission of invoices for processing.
- Maintain financial records (i.e., disbursements, contracts, etc.) in good order for easy access and retrieval. This includes the coordination of all invoices, EFT payments, consulting agreements, W9 forms, etc. to be scanned into the electronic data storage system within one week of issuance with 100% accuracy.
- Assign GL code to such items as invoices, expense reports, etc., with correct accounting codes and/or PO numbers conforming to standard procedures to ensure proper entry into the financial system.
- Assist with maintaining vendor files and ensuring all vendor information is correct and complete (W-9 forms). Assist in the preparation of 1099’s, audit schedules and other related reports and summaries.
- Assist with the procurement of items, collect quotes, follow-up with vendors, copy purchasing materials for Council meetings, etc.
- Follow federal and state laws, in addition to implementing programs, policies and procedures in accordance with CSC’s priorities.
- Conduct oneself in the best interest of the County’s constituents and in support of the CSC’s mission statement.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
Associate of Arts degree in Accounting, Business or related AND five (5) years or more successful experience working in an accounting bookkeeping position preferably in a governmental, not-for-profit agency or other highly complex organizational environment OR high school diploma or equivalent AND seven (7) years or more relevant experience in an accounting bookkeeping position preferably in a governmental, not-for-profit agency or other highly complex organizational environment.
Thorough knowledge of general accounting or bookkeeping procedures and practices.
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
Knowledge of current computing technologies and software applications appropriate to the position’s job responsibilities.
Must possess valid driver’s license and vehicle insurance or have other means to enable travel locally and non-locally, including getting to work and going to other locations during the day for meetings, etc.
Physical Demands & Working Conditions:
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
The employee performs work in a normal office setting within a reasonable environment. While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to perform local and non-local travel.