Children will succeed in school.
Subsidized Child Care, Vulnerable Population Child Care, & PBIS Indicators of Community Need:
- 13,633 unduplicated children (included 2,173 CSC children & 466 vulnerable pop) received financially-assisted school-readiness care (ECE). Of these, 7,944 were less than Kindergarten (K), 5,689 were school age.
- 4,521 children birth-12 on the wait list for financially assisted ECE. Over 50% of these are age 1 through 3 (as of 3/15/18 pt in time, ELC). •
- 16,362 VPK children served in 17/18 YTD (ELC).
- 70.3% of PreK & over 68% of BCPS students in the K-3rd grade are Free Lunch (130% of FPL) (Broward Food & Nut. Svs.).
- In 2017, 80% of students in K-1 showed satisfactory attendance. This was an improvement from the previous two years (BCPS).
- 95% of K-3 students (over 80,000 children) showed significant gains & growth levels through the year. Also, 70% of students K-3 maintained or increased reading levels over the summer.
Explore Our Committees