The Broward AWARE! Protecting OUR Children campaign, powered by the Children’s Services Council, is an awareness campaign that uses the full spectrum of media to ensure that Broward County families, educators, media, law enforcement and all stakeholders use and share resources that make it possible for children to safely realize their full potential, hopes and dreams. The theme this year is “Growing the Voice of Our Future”, to empower youth to have a voice, participate and engage in activities and events impacting their lives. The Broward AWARE campaign is inspired by the work of the Ounce of Prevention Fund of Florida and Prevent Child Abuse/Pinwheels for Prevention Florida and is dedicated to:
- Recognizing the signs of and preventing human trafficking and the commercial sexual exploitation of children
- Preventing injury and death from unsafe sleep practices, drowning, and leaving children in unattended vehicles
- Providing family strengthening resources to help keep children at home or with relative caregivers to avoid placement in the foster care system
- Providing resources to keep youth with non-violent infractions from entering and being stuck in the Juvenile Justice System
- Providing supports for youth that can help them achieve their goals through mentorship, education, job internships and training
- Engaging fathers in the lives of their children as positive role models and primary caregivers
A sub-theme of the 33311 Walk and Family Festival will be “Knowing Your History”, highlighting the importance of celebrating accomplishments, learning from the past and creating a brighter future. The launch will be the first of five community events throughout the four-month campaign that will culminate in April, during Child Abuse Prevention Month.
2019 Family Fun & Resource Fair - Entertainment and Awards Video
For more videos about Broward AWARE! and everything else connected to CSC, visit our YouTube page.
Broward AWARE partners include: 2-1-1 Broward, A Child IS Missing, ARC Broward, Broward Regional Health Planning Council & Human Services Innovations, Broward County Nancy J. Cotterman Center, Broward County Family Success Center, Broward County Parks & Recreation, Broward County Public Schools, Broward Sheriff’s Office, ChildNet, Children’s Services Council of Broward County, City of Fort Lauderdale, Department of Children and Families, Chrysalis Health, Ft. Lauderdale Police Dept., Early Steps, Florida Dept. of Health in Broward County, Guardian ad Litem, HANDY, Healthy Mothers Healthy Babies of Broward, Hosanna 4 Youth, Jack & Jill Children’s Center, Kid Inc., KidSafe Foundation, Mt. Bethel Human Services, On Call Leadership, Ounce of Prevention Florida, the SoFIA, Swim Central, SWIMS Foundation, YMCA of South Florida, Young At Art, Youth Matter and more....
Click HERE to read about how the startling toll on children who witness domestic violence is just now being understood.